We are excited to announce that after 4 months,
Bethany Hope Centre is beginning to reopen!
We are reopening for prescheduled, one-on-one appointments, beginning on Monday, July 20, 2020. Please book an appointment with the staff member* you wish to meet with. Child care may be available.
Staff contact information is provided below.
*Please note that not all staff members are available for on-site meetings at this time.
We have been preparing for our gradual return to reopen for many weeks now. Please know that we are doing everything we can to ensure that we go above and beyond the recommended safety standards to keep you, your loved ones, and our team healthy and safe.
Scroll down for more information on what to expect at your in-person appointment.
Please follow us for up-to-date information:
Twitter: @bethanyhopectr Facebook: @BethanyHopeCentre Instagram:@BethanyHopeCentre
Register with Crystal before Wednesdays at noon. Pick up your food Fridays from 9:30 to 11 am.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or text: 613-917-8605 (please do NOT call this number)
If you would like more information on Alumni Food Share, please get in touch with Debbie: email@example.com
or Text: 613-917-8605 (please do NOT call this number)
If you are looking to book an appointment or seek phone support, please reach out to one of our Parent Support Workers. Text us at 613-917-8605
(please do NOT call this number!)
Or send us an email:
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phil, the Learning Coach is available to help you.
Call, text or email to check-in, ask a question or even to book an in-person appointment.
You can contact him by phone/text message at
613-799-2668 or by email: LC@bethanyhopecentre.ca
We wish you the best during this difficult time.
Nurse Cathy is available to connect with you about your health related questions or concerns. Send her an email or text to book an in-person appointment. Appointments are also available to Bruyere patients to meet with Dr. Turley and Tawnya.
or text 613-917-8605
Here are some changes that you can expect at your next visit:
1. APPOINTMENTS: You must call ahead and book an appointment in order to return to the centre with the staff member you wish to meet with. Please note that only some staff members will be available to meet on-site at this time. Zoom sessions may continue with staff who continue to work from home.
2. SCREENING – When you arrive at the centre, you will be greeted by a staff member who will go through a screening questionnaire with you. You will have hand sanitizer applied and be offered a mask if you did not bring one. You will also see signage throughout the centre regarding safety measures in place in the facility, such as the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), physical distancing, and hand-sanitizing.
3. ARRIVAL AT THE CENTRE- We ask that all participants arrive no more than 5 minutes before your session. If you arrive early, you may wish to wait in your car or outside to reduce the number of people in the waiting area. Please also ensure that you wear a mask while attending your appointment. If you do not have one, a mask will be available to you.
4. WAITING AREA - We have removed most of the seating from the Welcome Centre and have marked areas in our Welcome Centre where you can stand or sit safely, while maintaining a safe distance from others. If you do need to use one of the chairs, please do so. We will ensure the surfaces of the chair are cleaned after every use.
5. DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT- All staff will be wearing PPE, such as a mask and possibly face shields. In addition to one-on-one appointments at the centre, virtual zoom OR phone appointments will still be available and may also be recommended by staff if Child Care is not available for your appointment.
6. WHEN YOUR APPOINTMENT ENDS- We ask that you please leave the building in a timely manner in order to allow for the next appointment to begin. Participants will not be permitted to stay in the Welcome Centre area for any length of time.
7. CLEANING AND DISINFECTION - Appointments will be spread out and schedules staggered in order to allow time for proper cleaning and disinfection. All surfaces will be appropriately disinfected after participant visits according to Public Health guidelines and high traffic contact surfaces will be disinfected at regular intervals throughout the day.
8. CHILD CARE—Please book with the staff member you are booking your appointment with. Please do not phone the Child Care staff. Child Care may not be available due to reduced numbers. NO diaper bags will be permitted to stay in the Child Care room. All children will be dropped off outside of the Child Care room.
Please note, we will not be providing any in-house meals or snacks at the centre during this phase of our reopening. Please do not bring any outside food or beverages with you into the centre for your appointment. Child care will provide snacks to children during their stay.
Please keep up-to-date through Ottawa Public Health's website on the current information and recommendations with regards to the coronavirus: COVID-19.
Ontario schools will be closed until further notice in an effort to keep Ontario’s students safe from the coronavirus. The fall 2020 school reopen plan is not public at this time.
By visiting Learn at Home students and their parents can access educational resources to help keep students learning and engaged while during school closures.